Speed limit changes made to several County roads
Feb 11, 2017
Six roads in the County of Grande Prairie will be changing their speed limits after council gave the thumbs up at their meeting on Monday.
"Really, just to clean up some inconsistencies with some speed zones. We had speed zones that changed multiple times in certain areas, so it was just cleaning up the function of those speed limits," explained Dale Van Volkingburgh, Public Works Director at the County of Grande Prairie.
Changes are taking place along the following roads:
- 50 km/hr to 60 km/hr on 102 Street and 156 Avenue in Clairmont
- 80 km/hr to 60 km/hr on 101 Street and 163 in Clairmont
- 50 km/hr to 60 km/hr on 107 Street south of 79 Avenue in Clairmont
- 80 km/hr to 60 km/hr on Range Road 62 from 70 Avenue to 84 Avenue in Clairmont
- 80 km/hr to 60 km/hr on 70 Avenue from Range Road 62 to 104 Avenue in Clairmont
- 80 km/hr to 60 km/hr on Township Road 704A south of Wapiti Heights Estates
"You're coming to a 60-zone and we've paved some roads in front of residential areas, so it's really to lengthen out the 60-kilometre distance so it's safer for the public," said Van Volkingburgh.
The changes take effect immediately.
- Trevor Snell/JH